Thursday, November 3, 2011

Networking...

I've been networking a lot lately. Thanks to my good friend, Elizabeth. She's a system administrator at the Oakland's Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. She is an awesome woman. We met when I was living and working in San Francisco while taking some computer information system classes and training to become MCSE certified at The Digital University. That was then.

She introduced me to the Bay Area Girl Geek dinners. So much fun interacting with young and no so young females in the tech world. Yes, other geeks. What is a geek? If you're a geek, are you also considered a nerd. A lot of times, use the word geek and nerd interchangeably. Click on either of the link to get a better understanding between geek and nerd.

Microsoft in Mountain View
I thought I had taken more photos. Going to these dinners, you get to meet and greet - network. If you have the right skill set, you can easily find your next job.



Geek silliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment