Sunday, December 4, 2011

I beg to differ...

I had some time to read Latitude 38 the December 2011 issue looking for looking for a certain ad. I didn't find it. What I did find was in the Changes in Latitudes section under Cruise Notes regarding locking your dinghy. Yes, I agree that you should always lock your dinghy even if you'll only be gone for a second.
Anyway, I read "small dinghies with small outboards are of little value in Cabo".  I beg to differ. If there is a dinghy with a small outboard, they will see an opportunity for making money. Given the chance, they will take your dinghy. We had a small 3hp outboard on our portabote tied to our starboard aft stanchion while anchored
on the lee side of Los Venados Island in Mazatlan.

The line on our dinghy was cut and stolen. 


If you're going cruising, lock your valuables. Your dinghy is your vehicle when you're cruising.


No comments:

Post a Comment